In this 12-hour lab-based course, the clinician will learn the systematic approach to Bridging the Gap from Rehab to Performance (BTG). Current science and research will be presented, along with a vast amount of clinical experience and pearls, allowing immediate application of the organizational system into the professional personal practice. Extreme care will be taken to encourage people not to practice outside their scope of practice, but to foster inter-professional relationships, communication and education, staying focused on an athlete- centered / patient centered model of care.
Upon course completion, the clinician will:
- Describe and explain the elements of the BTG model, including the structural and functional components of the system
- Define each portion of the BTG model in detail
- Discuss where common interventions would fall in the organizational system of the BTG model.
- Perform at least one intervention in each category of the BTG model
- Demonstrate therapeutic exercise or performance based for each category of the BTG model
Professionals who may take this course include:
- Athletic Trainers
- Performance Specialists
- Personal Trainers
- Physical Therapists
- Strength and Conditioning Specialists
- Bridging the Gap from Rehab to Performance by Sue Falsone
To learn about the book see the author’s website.
Course Supplies Requirements:
- All necessary course equipment will be provided by the course host