Dry Needling UE in Indianapolis, IN starts on April 23, 2021
Indianapolis, IN on April 23, 2021 you can learn Dry Needling for Upper Extremity Orthopedic Rehab. This is a 25-hour lab-based course that teaches a diagnosis-focused approach to dry needling the upper extremity. The clinician will learn fundamental skills necessary for safe and proper needle insertion and removal, as well as effective strategies to manage commonly encountered pathologies in the upper extremity.
April 23, 2021 @ 8:00 am – April 25, 2021 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
This is a 25-hour lab-based course. The clinician will learn a diagnosis-focused approach to dry needling the upper extremity. Learning fundamental skills necessary for safe and proper needle insertion and removal, as well as effective strategies to manage commonly encountered pathologies in the upper extremity.
Discussion on common pathologies encountered and safety considerations are emphasized. Additional learning about the current science and research will be presented, along with a vast amount of clinical experience and pearls of wisdom from the faculty. This will allow the clinician immediate application of dry needling into the clinicians’ professional practice. Additionally the use of intramuscular electrical stimulation will also be discussed, demonstrated and practiced in class.
A professional education and license that allows you to perform dry needling as a healthcare professional.The CHT or OT credential or other medical licensing with an upper extremity focused practice. For the complete list of accepted professions please see the full course description. Healthcare practitioners with a full body practice are referred to SFDN1: Foundations in Dry Needling for Orthopedic Rehab and Sport Performance.
Complete all required reading. For a full list see the course description.
What you need to know about this course?
- This is a 3-day in-person training course.
- You must be present all three days.
What you will learn in this course?
Areas of the body to be covered in class include:
- Upper extremity including
- Shoulder pathologies
- Elbow pathologies
- Wrist & Hand pathologies
- Cervical spine (C2-C7) pathologies
- Other pathologies and treatments like:
- Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome
- Upper extremity nerve entrapments
- Post- surgical strategies
Upon course completion, the clinician will:
- Adhere to safe needling techniques, including universal precautions and blood borne pathogen education per the CDC and/or OSHA given a specific case study.
- Integrate surface anatomy palpation and layered anatomy application for safety considerations when inserting a dry needle into a patient given a specific case study.
- List contraindications and precautions for dry needling and intramuscular electrical stimulation application.
- Master application of dry needling techniques for common upper extremity pathologies given a specific case study.
- Master application of intramuscular electrical stimulation for the common upper extremity pathologies given a specific case study.
- Given a specific case study, correctly integrate dry needling and intramuscular electrical stimulation into the overall treatment program.
- Pass a written and practical exam
See the complete course description for full details.
Required supplies you need to bring
- An Anatomy Reference – Preferred references below, however any anatomy reference will be acceptable.
- The following are recommended but not required
- Trail Guide to the Body 5th Edition
- Palpation Techniques: Surface Anatomy for Physical Therapists
- Portable TENS Unit
- If you have a latex allergy, it is recommended for you to bring your own gloves for use during lab.
Please be sure to wear comfortable clothing, such as a loose shirt or tank top, for lab based activities.
For more information on CEU approval, please click here!
Important: These images are for demonstrative example purposes only and do not confirm/specify the techniques taught or instructors to be present for this course.
Cancellation Policy: Prior to 30 days from the registered course, a participant may receive a refund of the full tuition minus 20% for administrative fees. Prior to 30 days from the registered course, a participant may transfer their tuition to another scheduled course with no extra fees applied. If less than 30 days to a registered course, the participant will not be eligible for a refund, but can transfer funds to another scheduled course for no additional fees. Structure & Function reserves the right to cancel any course, although every effort will be made to not allow that to happen. If a course is cancelled, the participant will be entitled to a full refund or be allowed to transfer the funds to another scheduled course. Structure & Function will not be financially responsible for any airfare, hotel or any other personal travel expenses if a course is cancelled.