Click an item below to navigate to that section:
Course description: In this 25-hour lab-based course, the clinician will learn a diagnosis-focused approach to dry needling. The clinician will learn fundamental skills necessary for safe and proper needle insertion and removal, as well as effective strategies to manage commonly encountered pathologies in orthopedic and sport rehabilitation. Safety considerations are emphasized. Current science and research will be presented, along with a vast amount of clinical experience and pearls, allowing immediate application of dry needling into the clinicians’ professional practice. The use of cupping and intramuscular electrical stimulation will also be discussed, demonstrated and practiced in class.
This course is
25 contact hours
Course tuition is $1,295 .
Course hours are Friday and Saturday 8 am – 6 pm , and Sunday 8 am – 5 pm unless otherwise specified.
The incorporation of those specific three soft tissue techniques enables:
- Adhere to safe needling techniques, including universal precautions and bloodborne pathogen education per the CDC and/or OSHA.
- Integrate surface anatomy palpation and layered anatomy application for safety considerations when inserting a dry needle into a patient.
- List the contraindications and precautions for dry needling, intramuscular electrical stimulation and cupping application.
- Master application of dry needling techniques for common orthopedic pathologies and sport related dysfunctions.
- Master application of intramuscular electrical stimulation for the common orthopedic pathologies and sport related dysfunctions.
- Master application of three different cupping techniques based on desired physiological or clinical outcome.
After the course, students will know how to combine three techniques: dry needling, electrical stimulation with dry needling, and cupping in order to treat common pathologies seen within orthopedic and sports medicine.
The following items are recommended to bring to the course with you:
Needles are provided for in class use.
Find everything you need for your Structure & Function: Dry Needling course right here!
Hosting a Course
If you are interested in hosting a course, please click here to view more information. After you review the requirements, you can send a request using the form on the bottom of that page. Please call me if you have any questions! (602) 888-1998
Very practical and applicable to practice setting for sport performance.