News & Research
Read the latest news & research on dry needling and cupping therapies.
- Dry Needling and Vertical Jump Performance
- Dry Needling for Tennis Elbow
- Trigger Point Dry Needling for Plantar Heel Pain
- Tension Headaches and Dry Needling
- Superficial vs. Deep Acupuncture for Lumbar Myofascial Pain
- Dry Needling Increases Muscle Thickness
- Dry Needling vs. Cortisone Injection
- Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy (Graphic)
- Chinese Cupping & Low Back Pain (Graphic)
- Dry Needling Standards for Physical Therapists in Florida- June 2018 update
- Dry Needling Standards for Physical Therapists in Idaho
- Dry Needling Standards for Physical Therapists in South Dakota
- Dry Needling Standards for Physical Therapists in Florida- February 2018 update
- Dry Needling Standards for Physical Therapists in Maryland- July 2017 update
Maryland updated the rules and regulations surrounding dry needing within their state. Click here for further information and details.
- Court Dismisses Lawsuit Filed by NC Acupuncture Licensing Board
- Dry Needling in Physical Therapy
- Systematic Review: Dry Needling, Ischemic Compression for Neck Pain Supported by Moderate-to-Strong Evidence
- Update on AZ Dry Needling Rules and Regulations
- Dry Needling for a Cervicogenic Concussion
- Treatment of Individuals With Chronic Bicipital Tendinopathy Using Dry Needling, Eccentric-Concentric Exercise and Stretching; A Case Series.
- Periosteal Electrical Dry Needling as an Adjunct to Exercise and Manual Therapy for Knee Osteoarthritis: A Multi-Center Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Immediate Changes in Resting and Contracted Thickness of Transversus Abdominis After Dry Needling of Lumbar Multifidus in Healthy Participants
- In this meta-analysis, electrotherapy and acupuncture after total knee arthroplasty were associated with reduced and delayed opioid consumption
- The Effect of Dry Needling on the Radiating Pain in Subjects with Discogenic Low-Back Pain
- Comparison of Dry Needling and Steroid Injection in the Treatment of Plantar Fasciitis
- Comparison of Acute Effects of Superficial and Deep Dry Needling into Trigger Points of Suboccipital and Upper Trapezius Muscles in Patients With Cervicogenic Headache
- Effectiveness of Trigger Point Dry Needling for Plantar Heel Pain
- Immediate Effects of Paraspinal Dry Needling in Patients with Acute Facet Joint Lock Induced Wry Neck.
- Comparision of two different dry-needling techniques in the treatment of myofascial pain syndrome.
- Efficacy of periosteal stimulation for chronic pain associated with advanced knee osteoarthritis: a randomized, controlled clinical trial.
- Strength exercises combined with dry needling with electrical stimulation improve pain and function in patients with chronic rotator cuff tendinopathy: a retrospective case series
- Intramuscular and Periosteal Acupuncture in patients suffering from chronic musculoskeletal pain – a controlled trial
- Update on the Clinical Effect of Acupuncture Therapy In Patients with Gouty Arthritis: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Effect of Acupuncture Depth on Muscle Pain
- Dry Needling: Getting to the Point
- Comparison of Superficial and Deep Acupuncture In The Treatment of Lumbar Myofascial pain: a double-blind randomized controlled study
- Clinical Research Evidence of Cupping Therapy in China: A Systematic literature review
- Physiologic Effects of Dry Needling
- Adverse Events Following Trigger Point Dry Needling: a prospective survey of chartered physiotherapists
- Effectiveness of Trigger Point Dry Needling For Multiple Body Regions: A Systematic Review
- Superficial versus Deep Dry Needling
- Impact of Needle Diameter on Long-Term Dry Needling Treatment of Chronic Lumbar Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- New is the well-forgotten old: The use of dry cupping in musculoskeletal medicine
- Trigger Point Dry Needling and Proprioceptive Exercises for the Management of Chronic Ankle Instability: A Randomized Clinical Trial
- Dry needling: a literature review with implications for clinical practice guidelines
- Dry Needling vs. Acupuncture: The Ongoing Debate
- Efficacy of myofascial trigger point dry needling in the prevention of pain after total knee arthroplasty: a randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial.
- Baseline Examination Factors Associated With Clinical Improvement After Dry Needling in Individuals With Low Back Pain
- Evidence for the use of dry needling and physiotherapy in the management of cervicogenic or tension-type headache: a systematic review.
- Peripheral and Central Considerations
- Trigger point dry needling as an adjunct treatment for a patient with adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder.
- Effectiveness of dry needling for upper quarter myofascial pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- The effect of dry needling for myofascial trigger points in the neck and shoulders: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Consensus for dry needling for plantar heel pain (plantar fasciitis): a modified Delphi study