Fascial Manipulation Level 1 Hybrid Course (FM-1) in Mesa, AZ starting on October 19, 2022
Learn the Fascial Manipulation® Method by Stecco
Course offered by Structure & Function Education
Mesa, AZ starting on October 19th: Fascial Manipulation® Method system takes a unique approach by looking at the body as a whole, not just “where it hurts” or where the problems appear to be. Utilizing a systematic approach to assessment and treatment of the tissue, the course covers deep tissue manipulation and focus areas of deep fascia. Students learn manual palpation of very specific regions of the body in order to determine the location of fascial alterations which may be involved with your patient’s problem.
The Fascial Manipulation® Level 1 (FM-1) course consists of two parts, called FM-1a and FM-1b. This course is a hybrid course that mixes online learning with an in-person 3-day course involving instruction in and application of the Fascial Manipulation® Method. The first part is completed online before your in-person lab. You must complete and pass the exam for the online course before taking the in-person course. You should allow at least one week between the two parts to allow enough time for your exam to be reviewed.
The in-person course is provided by Structure & Function Education and the online part is through the Fascial Manipulation® Method website. You will receive login information for the online class directly from them. Your course fee includes both parts, no additional fee required to take the online part.
To view the complete course details including course schedule, visit the Course Description page.
Dates for the In-person Lab
October 19, 2022 @ 8:00 am – October 21, 2022 @ 5:00 pm MST
All class days start at 8am and end at 6pm. You must attend all days to complete the course.
Materials provided during class
- At class, you will be provided with the text “Fascial Manipulation, Practical part, first level 2018”, SECOND EDITION, STECCO LUIGI – STECCO ANTONIO, Piccin New Libraria S.p.A. Padua as well as a course manual.
Please be sure to wear comfortable clothing, including loose shorts, and tank tops to allow for practice of techniques during labs.
We are dedicated to helping healthcare professionals meet their Continuing Education Unit requirements. CEUs can vary by profession and state, to view these details visit our CEU page
Who is this course recommended for?
- Athletic Trainers
- Doctors of osteopathic medicine
- Massage therapists
- Medical doctors
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Other licensed medical practitioners with manual therapy in their practice act
What are the benefits of the Fascial Manipulation® system by Stecco?
- The uniqueness of Fascial Manipulation® is looking at the body as a whole, not just “where it hurts” or where the problems appear to be.
- Fascial alterations away from the affected painful area are the actual cause of the problem. In most cases, we are able to treat acutely painful conditions and not even touch the area that hurts.
- In other words, the fascial structures in other areas may be causing abnormal (or unbalanced) pull or stress on the muscles, joints or nerves that cause you to feel pain, limited movement or even altered sensations in a different part of your body.
- Learn manual palpation of very specific regions of the body in order to determine the location of fascial alterations which may be involved with your patient’s problem
- Learn a systematic approach to assessment and treatment of these issues, consisting of deep tissue manipulation of very specific and focused areas of the deep fascia
What does Hybrid course mean?
The Fascial Manipulation® Level 1 (FM-1) course consists of two three-day courses, called FM-1a and FM-1b. In this new hybrid delivery, level 1a will be taken online and MUST be completed at least one week prior to attending level 1b in person. You MUST watch all required lectures and pass each test from the online portion of class. You then need to print your certificate stating you passed these exams and BRING IT WITH YOU TO LEVEL 1b. You will not be admitted to level 1b without your printed certificate. This is to assure a good understanding of the underlying biomechanical rationale and mastery of the techniques presented in level 1b.
- When you register for FM-1b you will need to enroll in the Hybrid FM-1a course on the Stecco Education Platform.
- Your hybrid course fee includes the cost for both parts. You do not need to pay a separate FM-1a course fee.
About Our Courses
We offer healthcare and sports performance professionals unique hands-on in-person courses and online classes for continuing education. Structure & Function Education believes that continuing education makes everyone a better practitioner and is committed to providing knowledge discussion articles and continuing education courses for everyone.
Complete Course Dates: October 19th to October 21st, 2022
|FM-1a Day 0||Online|
|FM-1b Day 1||October 19th, 2022||8:00am||6:00pm|
|FM-1b Day 2||October 20th, 2022||8:00am||6:00pm|
|FM-1b Day 3||October 21st, 2022||8:00am||6:00pm|
Fascial Manipulation® is a manual therapy that has been developed by Luigi Stucco PT, in collaboration with his children Carla Stecco and Antonio Stecco (both MDs, PhDs), over the last 40 years.
About Structure & Function Education
Structure & Function Education (SFE) provides world class education services to healthcare and sport performance professionals, so they in turn can elevate the lives of their patients. To do this, we empower our team members to combine the latest research and their clinical expertise to help create best practices in healthcare and sport performance. Structure & Function Education was founded with a rebellious spirit and lofty objective: to change the way medicine and sport performance interacts with each other throughout the world, for the betterment of our patients and clients.
Cancellation and Attendance Policy: Prior to 30 days from the registered course, a participant may receive a refund of the full tuition minus 20% for administrative fees. Prior to 30 days from the registered course, a participant may transfer their tuition to another scheduled course with no extra fees applied. If less than 30 days to a registered course, the participant will not be eligible for a refund, but can transfer funds to another scheduled course for no additional fees. Structure & Function reserves the right to cancel any course, although every effort will be made to not allow that to happen. If a course is cancelled, the participant will be entitled to a full refund or be allowed to transfer the funds to another scheduled course. Structure & Function will not be financially responsible for any airfare, hotel or any other personal travel expenses if a course is cancelled.
Prior to registering for a course, make sure you are able to attend the entire weekend. Once you have purchased a course registration, you are required to attend the entire weekend. Exceptions to this rule will not be allowed. See the cancellation and attendance policy for more details.