Foundations of Joint Manipulation (JMN1) in Scottsdale, AZ starts on October 15, 2022
In this 20-hour lab-based course, the clinician will learn a focused approach to joint manipulation. With the primary intent in practice of lessening pain and improving range of motion for patients, various therapists and chiropractors may use this technique to help patients move and feel better after loss of functional mobility from an injury or illness. The clinician will learn fundamental skills necessary for safe and effective manipulation of a joint which involves applying force to the spinal or peripheral joints to improvement movement.
Safety considerations are emphasized. Current science and research will be presented, along with a vast amount of clinical experience, allowing immediate application of manipulative techniques into the clinicians’ professional practice. A two-day course, comprised of 80% practical and 20% didactic training is designed to concentrate on the development of the psychomotor skills needed to deliver manipulation safely and effectively to the spine and extremities.
To view the complete course details including course schedule, visit the Course Description page.
October 15, 2022 @ 8:00 am – October 16, 2022 @ 5:00 pm Phoenix
|Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport||Website||3400 E Sky Harbor Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85034|
- Define manipulation and its physiologic effects.
- List two kinematic/kinetic research findings for manipulation to be applied to the spine and extremities.
- Describe the end feel that is vital in performing safe, effective spinal manipulation.
- Identify the appropriate anatomical landmarks for targeting anatomic segments with manipulation.
- List two examination findings that justify the use of manipulation for musculoskeletal conditions.
- Articulate when to not perform manipulation treatments due to contraindications, given various patient case scenarios.
- Perform the correct manipulation procedures to the spine and extremities given case scenarios provided.
- Discuss the safety of performing spinal manipulation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the potential mechanisms by which manipulation improves musculoskeletal pain.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the literature regarding the efficacy of spinal and extremity manipulation for various musculoskeletal conditions.
- Have knowledge of the physiological and accessory levers used in the application of spinal and extremity manipulation.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of safety considerations that are important in employing manipulation for various musculoskeletal conditions.
Registrants must be licensed practitioners able to perform manipulation in their respective states or country.
Required supplies you need to bring
An Anatomy Reference – Preferred references below, however any anatomy reference will be acceptable.
– Trail Guide to the Body 5th Edition
– Palpation Techniques: Surface Anatomy for Physical Therapists
Skin pencils are needed for marking anatomical landmarks
Please be sure to wear comfortable clothing, including loose shorts, and tank tops to allow for practice of techniques during labs.
We are dedicated to helping healthcare professionals meet their Continuing Education Unit requirements. CEUs can vary by profession and state, to view these details visit our CEU page
Who is this course recommended for?
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Cancellation and Attendance Policy: Prior to 30 days from the registered course, a participant may receive a refund of the full tuition minus 20% for administrative fees. Prior to 30 days from the registered course, a participant may transfer their tuition to another scheduled course with no extra fees applied. If less than 30 days to a registered course, the participant will not be eligible for a refund, but can transfer funds to another scheduled course for no additional fees. Structure & Function reserves the right to cancel any course, although every effort will be made to not allow that to happen. If a course is cancelled, the participant will be entitled to a full refund or be allowed to transfer the funds to another scheduled course. Structure & Function will not be financially responsible for any airfare, hotel or any other personal travel expenses if a course is cancelled.
Prior to registering for a course, make sure you are able to attend the entire weekend. Once you have purchased a course registration, you are required to attend the entire weekend. Exceptions to this rule will not be allowed. See the cancellation and attendance policy for more details.