In the Fascial Manipulation® Level 3 course (FM-3) by Stecco, participants expand on their understanding of the biomechanical model to treat patients with multi-segmental dysfunctions more efficiently. Participants expand on their understanding of the internal dysfunctions and alteration of the superficial fascia.
Fascial Manipulation® Level 3 helps to treat the patient in a global way; to treat locomotor system’s pains and disorders, which may be the consequence of an internal dysfunction; to treat and improve internal dysfunctions; to improve and complete the ability of the Fascial Manipulator.
Every day, the course includes practical exercises and in-depth analysis of clinical cases demonstrated by the instructors.
- Anatomy and physiology of the internal fascia and superficial fascia
- Pathology of the internal fascia and superficial fascia
- Study of Tensostructures and Organ-fascial Sequences
- Systems study with their internal and external components
- Manual treatment for the treatment of the superficial fascia
How the course is presented
The course is presented in a Hybrid format that has an online learning portion that is to be completed prior to coming to class, and one in-person workshop. A details description of individual sections is provided below.
The Hybrid Course Format
The Hybrid Format has the first part online with course work that is taken at least 6 weeks before taking the second part, which is a live and in-person 5-day workshop.
Online Section (must be completed prior to attendance to live section)
- Lectures are approximately 10 hours
- There is a quiz at the end that must be completed prior to attending live in-person section
- Course participant must enroll on the Stecco education Platform to review and complete online portion
The In-person 5-day Section
- Lab practicals
- Instructor case study reviews of previous treatments
Fascial Manipulation Level 3 Course Pre-Requisites:
- Certification in Fascial Manipulation Level 2.
As part of the learning process, Level 3 students will be required to present Assessment Charts of cases treated after both their Level 1 and Level 2 certification for discussion.
At the completion of of the course
At the conclusion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- List the types of human internal fascia and understand the role of internal fascia in visceral pain. (Knowledge)
- Differentiate between somato-visceral and viscero-somatic type pain and assess the proper body tensostructures. (Analysis)
- Develop effective treatment for internal pain and visceral dysfunction and superficial fascia alteration. (Synthesis)
- Evaluate the quality of the internal fascia and superficial fascia through a specific palpatory verification resolving the tissue stiffness. (Evaluation)
What does a course day look like?
Each day will begin at 8:00 am and finishes around 6:00 pm.
At the conclusion of the complete course there will be an examination to appraise the level of understanding and skill level of the practitioner.
Upcoming Fascial Manipulation® Level 3 courses
Fascial Manipulation® is a manual therapy that has been developed by Luigi Stucco PT, in collaboration with his children Carla Stecco and Antonio Stecco (both MDs, PhDs), over the last 40 years.
About Structure & Function Education
Structure & Function Education (SFE) provides world class education services to healthcare and sport performance professionals, so they in turn can elevate the lives of their patients. To do this, we empower our team members to combine the latest research and their clinical expertise to help create best practices in healthcare and sport performance. Structure & Function Education was founded with a rebellious spirit and lofty objective: to change the way medicine and sport performance interacts with each other throughout the world, for the betterment of our patients and clients.