Learn the Fascial Manipulation® Method by Stecco from Structure & Function Education. This course is a hybrid course that mixes online learning with an in-person 3-day course involving instruction in […]
The Fascial Manipulation® Level 1 (FM-1) course consists of two parts, called FM-1a and FM-1b. FM-1a needs to be fully completed, and a test needs to be taken and passed prior to taking FM-1b in person. This is to assure a good understanding of the underlying biomechanical and physiological rationale and mastery of the techniques presented.
This course is currently only offered in a Hybrid format (partially online, partially in person).
- FM-1a is taken online via the Stecco Education Platform.
- FM-1b done in-person at the location you select upon registration.
Additional information on Hybrid Fascial Manipulation Level 1 Course
- When you register for FM-1b you will need to enroll in the Hybrid FM-1a course on the Stecco Education Platform.
- Your hybrid course fee includes the cost for both parts. You do not need to pay a separate FM-1a course fee.
The benefits of learning the Fascial Manipulation® system by Stecco
- The uniqueness of Fascial Manipulation® is looking at the body as a whole, not just “where it hurts” or where the problems appear to be.
- Fascial alterations away from the affected painful area are the actual cause of the problem. In most cases, we are able to treat acutely painful conditions and not even touch the area that hurts.
- In other words, the fascial structures in other areas may be causing abnormal (or unbalanced) pull or stress on the muscles, joints or nerves that cause you to feel pain, limited movement or even altered sensations in a different part of your body.
- Learn manual palpation of very specific regions of the body in order to determine the location of fascial alterations which may be involved with your patient’s problem
- Learn a systematic approach to assessment and treatment of these issues, consisting of deep tissue manipulation of very specific and focused areas of the deep fascia
Who can benefit from learning the Fascial Manipulation® system
- Athletic Trainers
- Doctors of osteopathic medicine
- Massage therapists
- Medical doctors
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Other licensed medical practitioners with manual therapy in their practice act
FM-1a – Fascial Manipulation Level 1 Part A
Fascial Manipulation Level 1 Part A consists of;
- Introduction to the basic principles of Fascial Manipulation® method
- Introduction to fascial anatomy
- Introduction to the biomechanical model employed by the Fascial Manipulation® method
- Define the myofascial units that form the myofascial sequences of the upper limbs, trunk, and the lower limbs in the sagittal and frontal planes.
- Learn about the Assessment Chart used in Fascial Manipulation® method.
FM-1b – Fascial Manipulation Level 1 Part B.
Fascial Manipulation Level 1 Part B consist of;
- In-depth study of the physiology of the fascial system
- Assessment and treatment of the myofascial units for the upper limbs, trunk, and the lower limbs in the horizontal plane.
- Instruction on the utilization of the Assessment Chart for a 3D examination of the human fascial system
- Streamlining comprehensive treatment strategies
- A proficiency exam of the Centers of Coordination
At the completion of of the course
- Will be capable of utilizing the Assessment Chart for a 3D examination of the human fascial system.
- Will be proficiency in the comparative examination of Centers of Coordination.
- Will have treatment strategies in Fascial Manipulation® method.
What does a course day look like?
The online portion of the course can be completed at your own pace, but must be completed, and an exam passed to ensure competency, prior to the in-person portion of the class. Please allow yourself at least 4 weeks to complete the on-line portion of class.
For the in-person course parts each day will begin at 8:00 am and will finish around 6:00 pm each day.
At the conclusion of the complete course there will be an examination to appraise the level of understanding and skill level of the practitioner.
Why learn from Structure & Function Education
- S&F Education provides a comprehensive educational offering of rehabilitation techniques including dry needling and manual therapy and has both online and in-person course delivery options.
- Learn from practicing clinicians who can help you immediately implement new techniques into your practice.